2020 was a rough year for a lot of people, luckily I was able to stay mostly healthy for the year. Both Randi and I kept jobs, and our investments did average, which ended up being pretty good. As a whole I feel really luck for the year, but it did have some emotional
- Meditate 180 days - I meditated ~50 times. Not anything I am proud of, but still something.
- Publish 12 blog posts - Def didn’t happen, I think published 0 posts.
- Read 12 books - I finished 6 books, which makes me feel good, the year before I finished 52, which was exhausting, and I thought that after that I wouldn’t want to read again. I also realized in my 52 book slog that a lot of the gains from reading a book are in the first 25%, so forcing yourself through books you don’t care about only helps you feel superior to others and makes you a bit less fun to talk to.
- Build 1 online product, could be free or paid - We kept working on poopbets!
Some things I accomplished:
- Got a job offer to Amazon which I turned down.
- Helped Randi at metro caring, and built a little web app for them using vue.
- Crossed a financial milestone I had been working toward for years.
- Biked independence pass, Vailpass, lookout mountain, did a century ride, and mt. evans
- I also fractured my kneecap which resulted in my being in a immobilizer for 6 weeks. (currently recovering from that.)
- Randi and I realized two people working from home in a studio wasn’t working for us and moved into a spacious 1 bedroom.
What I would like to accomplish in 2021
- Write 6 blog posts
- Publish 1 video to youtube
- Prep to be a digital nomad